What is a cookie?
A “cookie” is a small line of text that is stored by your web browser. It helps the website to remember information about your visit, such as the desired language and other settings. This can make your next visit easier and more useful.
For various purposes we use our own cookies and cookies supplied by other parties. For example, we use them to help you sign up, to protect your data and to make the ads that you see more relevant.
Which cookies does Dentistry Book use?
- Security: We use security cookies to verify users, to prevent fraud during login and to protect user data. This category also includes the verification cookies (these also belong in the User-cookies category). Sucuri (developed by Sucuri, Inc.) is our partner that provides us with safety cookies.
- Usage: Users cookies help to keep the website functioning properly and deliver the service that the visitor expects, such as visiting the web pages or access to secure parts of the website. Without these cookies, the website can not function properly (the preferences, loading processes and session status cookies also belong to this category).
- Analytics: These types of cookies are used to understand, improve and to investigate products and services, including when you visit Dentistry Book or other websites or apps from a computer or mobile device. Our partners for this is Google Analytics (developed by Google, Inc.).
- Social plug-in content and Social plug-in tracking cookies: Our website can contain one or more of the plug-in modules. Social plug-in module allows users of social networks to share information with friends (and also offer other related functions, such as publishing comments). These plug-ins store cookies and have access to these cookies on the user computer, allowing social networks to identify their members when interacting with these plug-ins. Our social plug-in partners include Facebook.
How can I delete the cookies?
With most web browsers you have the possibility to disable or delete cookies and in some cases the cookies can be blocked in the future by adjusting certain settings. Every browser you use must be set separately. The different browsers have different functions and options for this. By choosing to disable the cookies, you may not fully benefit from the site (for example, a part or even the entire website does not always work as it should).
Below you will find more information about removing or disabling cookies:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?locale=nl_NL&viewlocale=en_US
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/12.10/en/cookies.html