10 Tips To Remedy Bad Breath
Bad breath – everyone is sometimes bothered by it. Bad breath can be annoying because it can make you uncertain. But luckily we have tips to easily fix bad breath.
Bad breath is not pleasant. The people around you find it uncomfortable to talk about it, so you can walk around for weeks with bad breath.
Not good for your reputation and not good for your self-confidence. Time to tackle your bad breath.
10 tips to remedy bad breath
How can you remedy bad breath? Below you will find 10 tips.
- Know what you eat. Pay attention to your diet, because nutrition is often the cause of bad breath. Be careful with foods such as (raw) garlic, raw onions, certain types of fish, meat and dairy. These cause bad breath. Fried foods also do not do much good.
- Stop with sugar. Bad bacteria in your mouth multiply quickly in a sugar-rich environment. Do you use a lot of sugar? Then stop with sugar. You do not only your mouth but also the rest of your body a favor.
- Check medication. Are you currently taking medication with side effects such as bad breath? Check the leaflets. Are your medication the cause? Then discuss with your doctor whether you can change your medication.
- Remedy bad breath naturally. Chew on a stalk of parsley or mint after your meal. These herbs are the healthiest solution against bad breath. Oil-pulling also seems to do wonders for bad breath and your oral health.
- Remedy bad breath the easy way. Rinse your mouth with mouthwash or take sugar-free peppermint gum. Do not take mints! The sugar in it “nourishes” the bacteria in your mouth, which will keep the stink.
- Drink a lot of water. Bad breath is often caused by a lack of moisture. Drink a lot of water. This allows your body to clean your mouth of bacteria – 1.5 liters per day is recommended.
- Brush or scrape your tongue clean. There are toothbrushes for sale with a “built-in” tongue scraper. Use this because you remove a lot of bacteria from your mouth with a tongue scraper. Brushing your tongue is also a possibility.
- Floss regularly. Flossing is good, preferably after every meal. It removes bacteria that you cannot or hardly remove with a toothbrush.
- Work on your digestion. Bad breath may have to do with your digestion. If you experience this, you can bring your metabolism back into balance by eating more fiber. That means whole grain products and much more fruit and vegetables.
- Detox your body. Bad breath can also be a signal that your body is having problems. Like a candida fungus. Increase your resistance and remove unhealthy substances by doing a detox cure. For example by drinking green smoothies, simply eating healthily or following a detox program.
How do I know if I have bad breath?
You could of course ask someone. Make sure this is someone you trust and that you can expect an honest answer from. A few tips to detect bad breath in yourself.
- If you have a “taste” in your mouth, you usually have bad breath.
- Keeping your hands in front of your mouth and breathing in it doesn’t work. You can think that nothing is going on while people in your environment faint as soon as you start talking. Instead, give it a lick on the back of your hand and smell it. Doesn’t it smell fresh? Then it’s time to do something about it!
Do you want to work on nice and healthy teeth? Here you will find more tips for healthy and beautiful teeth.