Good teeth are important for many people. A nice and healthy teeth is a good calling card – you look well-groomed and clean. But how do you keep your teeth nice and healthy? Here you will find ten practical tips.
Tips for healthy and beautiful teeth
Healthy teeth are not just a beautiful calling card. Good teeth make your life a lot better. You prevent cavities, toothache and miserable visits to the dentist.
If you take care of your teeth with love, you will enjoy it for an extra long time. Below you will find simple tips to keep your teeth nice and healthy.
This way you keep your teeth nice
Simple habits do wonders, especially when it comes to your teeth. Teach yourself these good habits and you will enjoy good teeth for longer.
- Brush your teeth twice a day to keep your teeth clean and fresh and protect yourself against the harmful effects of dental plaque. Dental plaque consists of bacteria and causes cavities.
- Use toothpaste with fluoride, a substance that helps strengthen your enamel. This makes your teeth less vulnerable to acid attacks.
- Brush at least 2 minutes per brushing session, so that the enzymes in the toothpaste are given time to do their job well and to clean your gums and teeth properly.
- Start at the bottom on the outside, then the inside and then the chewing surfaces. Repeat for the upper teeth.
- Pay attention to your gums. Gently massage the gums while brushing. Place your brush on the gums so that the bristles can get between the tooth and the gums. That way your gums stay healthy and you prevent unpleasant inflammation.
- Are you serious about your gums? There are special toothpastes with enzymes that help keep your gums healthy such as Zendium toothpaste.
- Floss your teeth, this will take you to places where your toothbrush cannot reach. This way you remove all food scraps from between your teeth. In addition, your teeth will stay whiter and you will prevent gum disease. Small effort, great pleasure.
- Use natural mouthwash, this is antibacterial and therefore helps against gum disease and dental plaque. Moreover, it can help prevent bad breath. Easily make your own mouthwash from green tea. Sounds crazy, works great. Use home-made cold-brew iced tea and do your teeth a favor.
- Brush electrically, so you remove more plaque. These brushes make up to 15,000 brushing movements per minute and are easier to maneuver in tricky corners! This keeps your teeth in good condition longer. There are already good electric toothbrushes from 20 euros.
- About white teeth: the color of your teeth is genetically determined. The dentine (the inside of your tooth) determines which shade your teeth have. Fangs are naturally slightly yellower because the dentin is thicker there. Do you want whiter teeth? Then you can start by reducing coffee, tea and smoking and brush with a whitening toothpaste. Whitening strips are also available with a whitening gel. This substance ensures that the glaze becomes slightly whiter. It is not harmful to the teeth, but can make them temporarily more sensitive.
Keep your teeth nice and healthy
Do you want to keep your teeth nice and healthy for a long time? Then start flossing today and consider switching to electric brushing. Here you will find an overview of the best-selling electric toothbrushes.
Would you like whiter teeth? Here you will find the best-selling whitening sets. You can experiment with it at home and whiten your teeth a few shades.